After updates we generally update a lot of things via script, like droptables, npcs, enemies, and items. Other things are done manually.
Do NOT add unreleased, alpha content OR Treasure hunt walkthroughs (Lavas request) .
How to Edit
Please follow the Standards, Conventions, and Guidelines described below and conform to the wiki style. If you are serious about helping out, don't be afraid to ask on the official discord to get access to the wiki channel.
If you want to add nonsense, do so under your own user profile but please refrain from uploading nonsense images.
Style Standards, Conventions, and Guidelines
- Edit summaries are not mandatory, but are encouraged. If included please summarize briefly what changes you made.
- Plurality should match the in-game representation (so Bleach Logs are plural whereas Toilet Roll is singular).
Standardized Name Incorrect Names Choppin Choppin', Chopping
- Please link to the exact page we want, eg linking a mob drop link to Baby Boa not Enemies or Bestiary and links to quests should be linked to the appropriate npcs page.
Correct Linking Incorrect Linking Baby Boa, Picnic Stowaway Enemies, Quests, Bestiary
Every unique Item needs its own item page. Tables are generated based on those pages. other item types later. All items except fishing Accessories, Stamps and Cards use Template:InfoItem. The rest can be found here
- There is also a template to use for items that are crafted or produced. (see Farmer Brim or Trusty Nails for an example on these)
- If you create a template, please include documentation on how to use it. Also add it to the appropriate category, like adding infobox templates to Category:Infobox templates or table templates to Category:Table templates.
- Spoiler text should be hidden using collapsible sections. Tables can be hidden individually by adding the mw-collapsible and mw-collapsed classes. See https://csydes.miraheze.org/wiki/Help:Collapsing
- Filenames should use spaces between words. Sprites and other game assets should be PNGs, except for animated sprites which should be GIFs. Filenames should not include punctuation.
- Make sure you upload the correct image the first time around. Due to a known issue on Miraheze it takes a long time for new versions of images to show up. Don't upload some half-arsed version, that just creates headaches when a proper version is uploaded. Use the proper assets instead of capturing images from the game. These can usually be found in the wiki channel on the discord (pinned) if you have the wiki contributor role. Otherwise DM me on discord - Blackwolfe
Assets with In-Game Names
- Game Assets that have a name assigned in-game should use that name as the base filename. For example, the Bored Bean sprite would be uploaded as "Bored Bean.png", while the Old Hatchet sprite would be "Old Hatchet.png". Plurality should match the in-game representation (so Bleach Logs are plural whereas Toilet Roll is singular). Monster sprites should, however, always use a singular file name (e.g. Glublin.png instead of Glublins.png).
- Other files that do not have in-game names assigned should use a relevant name, for example the Fishing Beach background would be "Fishing Beach Background.png". Plurality/singularity is up to the uploader based on the content of the file.
- Text should be proofread for errors. Formatting/grammar changes should be marked as minor edits.
These are some of the things needing to be done on the wiki right now. Some things can be found in the "How to be helpful" section. Other things are detailed below.
(updated Oct 15th 2021)
- Add new 1.3 items (bot handles the grunt work)
- formulae at the bottom of each section detailing game mechanics in collapsible subsections
- Add brief descriptions of the two dungeons, but no big spoilers yet.
- Explain dungeon mechanics
- List of rng items with description and what achievement they come from. (let it simmer for a week or two so people have time to discover this on their own first)
- Possible arcade rewards
- Arcade mechanics
- Sources for +% balls
- Add new achievements to the Achievements page.
- Upload properly named achievement sprites.
List of prayers and how to unlock themfirst pass done, need to figure out how levels affect the numbers. (seems to be 1% of base numbers, unknown for cost)-Bluejello
- Tower Defence explanation, list of enemy buffs etc.
- Tower base upgrade/placement cost
- Add more details to buildings that need it, like death note.
- Add/update card pack probability tables
- Make a something similar to Template:ItemDetails (and Template:ItemDetails/tooltipbox) for enemies, stamps and cards. Possibly also something for talents and classes?
(list any bigger changes here, like for template usage, new templates etc)
- July 25th: Removed the popup extension. Using Template:Tooltip instead. Template:CraftReq, Template:DropTable/row and Template:DropTable/recipe adjusted to use the tooltip template.
- July 17th: Updated the items box on the main page to reflect the items page (but using tabs)
- May 22nd: Split the Weapons page into several pages. Links will need to be fixed on the main page before removing the weapons page.
- May 17th: Added stickyheaders. Add stickyHeader as a class in the header and |- class="headerRow-0" just above the column names for the header. (see the character unlocks table on the Character Creation page for an example.
- May 6th 2021: The Stamp template is now called InfoStamp
- April 24th 2021: Most items now use the InfoItem Template. Cards, Fishing Accessories and Stamps will still use their own templates. The old /row templates were moved to subtemplates of the InfoItem template.
- Apr 22nd 2021: added a lot of stuff to fighting mechanics in Game Mechanics
- Sorry, been bad at updating this - Blackwolfe.
- Jan 3rd 2021: Quests on the quests page are now using dpl. This means we only have to edit quest info on the npc pages.
- Jan 3rd 2021: Started moving some pages into subpages. This to make things smoother once we get world 3+
- Jan 1st 2021: The infoenemy template has area2, area3 and customarea. Area, area2 and area3 links to the appropriate table on the worlds page. Customarea is a custom area entry so you can link wherever.
- Dec 27th: The resource, infoenemy and boss templates now only needs hascard=yes, data is pulled from the individual card pages.
- Dec 23rd 2020: Added header templates for the Smithing Page
- Dec 22nd 2020: There is now a Worlds page. Should be fairly complete.
- Dec 21st 2020: The Obol template now has Rarity. Used to have proper sorting for the Obol tables.
- Dec 20th 2020: enemy and resource templates can now have defined category and order. Mostly for sorting the card tables. The bosses needs order defined for each difficulty.
- Dec 19th 2020: There is now Template for Gem Shop table.
- Dec 18th 2020: Rejoice, for a Task unlocks table template has been made. Most glorious!
- Dec 17th 2020: There is a Meritshop table template and a Tasks table template now. Merit icons will be based on the page. Task tables and merit shop table will be under the world subpages under Tasks.
- Dec 16th 2020: Added tables for Cards, the Boss, Resource and Enemy templates can have card information now. See usage on each template.
- Dec 15th 2020: The Enemy Template can now show stats for crystal enemies. Use crystal=Yes and Crystalname=Crystal Carrot for displaying the crystal carrots stats based on the stats of the enemy.